6 December 2009

Aims and Goals

Aims or goals is something very difficult for me to imagine, I always live life in the now as opposed to thinking of the past or future, I never saw the point, I can’t change the past and I’ll never be able to predict the future, I suppose the most important thing would be to know people, the more you know and more people who know of you knowing stuff the more useful this all becomes, I would like to produce a lot of personal work whilst doing a commercial based job, the most logical thing to do when I finish uni would be to look at everywhere that has animation, illustration and even graphic design jobs and seek advice from them and possibly network with them.

I suppose I have no clear cut plans as I’m just going to continue what I’m doing currently, enjoy my work and mingle with other people, hopefully whilst I’m mingling they won’t notice that I don’t belong in their presence.

According to Sherm Cohen (animator for such shows as Hey Arnold and currently SpongeBob Squarepants) going to conventions and producing your own comic is a good way for people to see your work, you need to put yourself out there, you can’t get a job if no one knows you exist so I suppose my aims are simple, first I want to get good, then I want to be seen.

No comments: